Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Forum Results

Sorry to post twice in the same night, but I wanted to get this information on the web in case I misplaced the sheet, forever loosing the data gathered at the meeting!! For those of you who were unable to attend the meeting, we surveyed the group to see what people wish they could get from RASL. Below is a bulleted list with the suggestions that people contributed. Didn't go to tonight's meeting? Don't worry, you can still be heard! If you think of something else, just post it here and we shall find it!

The list
  • More social events
  • Opportunities to network with professionals in the field
  • Children's education coupled with museums and artistic environments
    • A trip to the Zimmerli
    • Liberty Science Center
  • Field trips and tours of school libraries
  • Information on services for children with disabilities
  • Program Ideas
    • Techniques for controlling large groups of children
    • Storytelling techniques and festival information
    • Arts and crafts for libraries
    • Bridge-building between public and school libraries

3 comments:

Kristi(e) said...

Instead of being annoying and writing a THIRD post tonight, I figured I would comment instead. In my blogging travels, I came across this website. Would anyone be interested in touring the Central Children's Room of NYPL? Go to the site below and tell me that you are not impressed. Go on... I dare you! In all seriousness, doesn't it sound fun?!

http://www.nypl.org/branch/central/dlc/dch/

Found on SLJ.com in the Fuse 8 blog.

Renee said...

Hi Kristie,
I'd love to take a tour. I heard they are closing/moving the Central Children's Room and would love to go before it is gone.

Kristi(e) said...

Excellent, we'll bring this up at our next meeting! If no one is interested (I don't see why they wouldn't be), then we can just go.